Day 9: Someone I didn’t want to let go, but just drifted

What is 30 days of truth?

I do wonder from time to time what happened to a friend of old.

Usually this happens when I am somehow reminded of a time in my life where they were present, or I might be reminded of an event in my life where they were involved.

Maybe I'm in a video shop and I see a movie title which takes me momentarily back to the first time I saw the movie and the people I was with. Then I would wonder, "what ever did happen to so and so..."

But for me, that is usually where it ends. I don't even look them up on Facebook.

I don't know who Anneri is, but she left an impression.
I guess she really does not want to be forgotten,
or maybe someone is trying hard not to forget.


Cause the truth is, with today's tech at our fingertips, the excuses for not keeping in contact are getting thin. If we are not speaking/emailing/following each over on Twitter then we probably don't make sense in each other's worlds anymore.

And if we didn't want to let go, why did we drift?

Surely on some (maybe unconscious) level we must have been willing.

That said, I do not believe it is necessarily over. We might bump into each other one day at the local McDs, strike up a conversation and jump right back into our friendship. But it will be different, since we are now different.

Or maybe we'll just be reminded of why we drifted in the first place...

3 Things to be grateful for:

1. Keeping in touch via all these controversial social media means.
2. Lindt 70% chocolate.
3. Hearing a new song you like.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A first try

An ode to my hubbie

Ramsay’s kitchen nightmares?