Day 4: Something I have to forgive someone for

What is 30 days of truth?


Once again a tricky one...

Once again not something I really prescribe to.

I tend to forgive pretty easily. Cross me and my temper can flare up to super nova proportions in a matter of seconds (hence the August resolution of keeping cool, and that is going pretty darn well, even if I say so myself). But in an equally short time I'm usually over it. You say sorry, I say it's cool. We go on. Sometimes it means we go are separate ways since we cannot agree on the final outcome, but we go on.

The problem is, I do not do so well with the second part of the well known saying. You know the one I'm talking about.

Forgive AND forget.

I am much more of a once bitten always shy kinda girl. I don't easily forget. Even when I truly accept your apology, I probably won't forget.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about things like stealing my parking spot or forgetting to record my favourite TV show. That I can put from my mind without second thought.

I'm talking the more serious stuff.

Like when a desk was thrown onto me by "someone" in a fit of rage and I was pushed down the stairs by the same "someone" sometime later. Like the very inappropriate sexual advances by an ex-boss. Like killing my best friend.

These things I cannot forget.

I wish I could.

3 things to be grateful for:

1. McDonald's fries. Always comes through for me when I'm hungry and short on time.
2. Music. Was at a concert by Tina Schouw tonight, performing children's songs she wrote, inspired by her son.
3. The ability to make music, even if it's not at the level I would like it to be. One day I might record the songs I wrote for my son.

Comments

  1. This is a hard one Suk's! I'm sorry! We need to talk about it! But I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A first try

An ode to my hubbie

Ramsay’s kitchen nightmares?