define: me

One of my favourite Google pastimes is to look up the definitions of words.

Sometimes you think you know a word, but you may have learnt it from context, or heard it from someone who didn't really know either. Then, one day, you use a word with great confidence, just to be sneered at by a whole array of individuals.

Not fun.

This is where the ability to type in - define: word - is so wonderfully useful. True I can't do this successfully amidst an intellectual repartee, but useful none the less.

Not so when it comes to me.

Type in define: me and you get things about a state in New England, somebody's first (or was it third) album, a reference to a letter from the Greek alphabet, but absolutely nothing (and I mean nothing) about me.

Guess I'll have to figure this out for myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A first try

An ode to my hubbie

And then there were none