The nicest person I've never met...

So, without electricity I am lying on the couch, handled the emaily-things I had to handle for work and graduated to surfing the web on my phone (thank you mobile internet that you exist).

Eventually I lost interest in the interesting and got back to reading a marketing book I have been reading on and off. One of the tips they give is to google yourself to make sure potential clients can find you if they search for you by name. Well I wasn't gonna be invited twice so a googling I went: suki lock. 

First there was a Facebook hit and then my business contact page (well done me). There was some Twitter and articles I've written for Parent24.com. A photo or 2 I had at an exhibition and then an entry by Wordsmyth I have completely forgotten about caught my eye. Here is what it said:

"Suki Lock is the nicest person I’ve never met. I love her blog because she is so committed to getting the most out of life. She’s always positive; she’s always striving to do better and she’s always, always kind. I love her approach to 2010. Over the past eight months, she has set and shared goals aimed at beautifying and improving her life. I always look forward to hearing about her progress and to find out what she’ll get up to next. Her blog reminds me to take in the journey, and for that I’m very grateful."


I have forgotten about this. I'm pretty sure this is one of the if not the nicest thing anyone has ever written about me. But sadly, just a few months after this "life happened" and I found it so hard to be the person Kristia was writing about. 

I can hardly believe how much time has passed since then. My life quest is still happening (I'm mostly focussing on getting fit at the moment - it's taking a lot of time and effort - a lot), and I want to believe that I am still the girl described, just with a few more battle scars. 

A life quest is not easy, but I guess it was never supposed to be. 

One life is what I have been given and I'm giving myself permission to live it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A first try

An ode to my hubbie

Ramsay’s kitchen nightmares?