Last two

I went to a Callenetics class this morning, sucked in by the description: slow, controlled and small movements, focused on body conditioning and toning.

Let me tell you this in no uncertain terms: There is nothing slow about it!

It was: "It's cold today so we need to do a good warm-up" legs touching the nose; many many many repetitions from the get go. But I did learn a few things:

  1. (As mentioned) there was nothing slow about it.
  2. When the Callenetics chick says last two repetitions, she actually means, last two SETS of repetitions. That's 2 x 8 = 16 reps. And this after all the previous reps you thought you couldn't get through anyway.
  3. I now cannot feel my legs.
  4. After Callenetics chick has finished with your legs, you look forward to crunches.
  5. I can feel my arms. I feel pain in my arms.
  6. The movements may be small, but they still burn.
  7. Exercise is really unfair while you carry extra pounds, coz you have to lift those extra pounds. 
  8. If this doesn't tone, I don't know what will.

Okay, done ranting, I actually did enjoy the class (Callenetics chick is really helpful) and I am planning to become a regular. But it does look like I'll have to do some fitness training so that I can attend my fitness class...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A first try

An ode to my hubbie

Ramsay’s kitchen nightmares?